The Department offers an undergraduate Minor in International Relations to those university students who are pursuing undergraduate majors in other disciplines.
The Minor comprises a rigorous exposure to the essentials of International Relations (IR). It familiarizes students with the fundamentals of IR as a discipline and offers skills of analyis and writing on issues within the field. Students take the same courses as are offered as part of the Major in IR to the Departmental students, and they go through the same assessement process.
The Department offers 11 core courses as part of its Major programme. However, to earn the Minor, a student must take any 6 of the 8 core courses mentioned below:
1. Introduction to International Relations
2. Global History and International Relations
3. India in World Affairs
4. Theorizing International Relations
5. Global Political Thought
6. Interrogating Histories and Theories of Economic Development
7. Knowing and Governing Ecosystems and Economies and
8. International Security
Please note that 24 credits are required to become eligible for the award of the Minor. Each course carries 4 credits.